Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Arctic Animals

 Hello and Welcome
This past week, we learned all about Arctic Animals and made some fun crafts.
The kids truly amazed me at all they already knew about the animals we studied.  I'm glad so much of what we are learning is really sinking in, all while we are having fun.

So here's what we did this past week.

Polar Bear
We used 2 paper plates to create our Polar Bear.  
I cut one for the body then used the 2nd one for the head, ears and snout.
We added some white tissue paper for the fur.



Polar Bears on the Ice
Here are some more fun little polar bears out on the ice.
You can fine the printable here:




Arctic Owls and Arctic Fox
Here are the cute owl puppets we made using an envelope for the body.
The fox is made by tracing the child's hand and we added a triangle for the head.




Polar Animal Wheel
Here is a Polar Animal wheel we made.  When you turn to the animal, it gives the name below.
I'm sorry that I don't have a printout for this one...I have used it for years and it was in my file.



Ringed Seal
A simple gluing activity using a seal.  Don't you just love the purple eyes lol.

Well that's it for this past week.  
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.





2 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant makes Karen, fun to make and to learn about, I love watching polar bears on the nature programmes at least, don't think I would like to meet one in real life, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the polar bears and that cool seal and his purple eyes....x. The dial with the animal on it with the name underneath is such a fun idea too Karen x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.