Tuesday, September 14, 2021

New Beginnings

 Hello and Welcome

Lots of changes happening at my house as the new school year begins.
Two of my littles are gone off to school and we have welcomed 2 new kiddos into our little daycare family.  It's been a busy, exciting time for all.
A much younger group so not as much crafting as we were usually doing.
The focus these days is on developing good skills with holding a pencil or crayons and on their fine motor.
It's also about learning to colour on the paper and not on the table, colour recognition and finding joy in creating.

So here is the few things we managed to do last week...it was also a short week as we celebrated Labour Day.

Wheels on the Bus
We have been singing the wheels on the bus as we watch all the buses going up to the school.
I've had this printout for years so I don't have a link.
I cut it out, glued it onto a piece of cardboard for stability, then added a stick.



School Bus
I printed off the bus, then the kids coloured it.  The little people were coloured then cut out and then we played a counting game putting the kids on the bus.  The bottom of the paper has a pocket to store the little children in.
Good chance to count and learn how many.


Dot a Dot
These dot a dot printable sheets are just perfect for little hands to learn how to glue.
Excellent fine motor activity with colour reinforcement.


Well that's all for now.  
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


2 comments:

  1. You'll miss the kiddos Karen but fun to have new ones too x. Such an educational week, great to start learning new skills and I hope the table stayed clean!!! x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm singing The wheels on the bus in my head lol. I'm sure that your new little ones will enjoy their time with you as the others did Karen. Your little projects are super, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.