Monday, September 28, 2020

Welcome Fall

 Welcome Fall.
Fall is such a beautiful time of year to celebrate nature.
My little people are so excited to collect leaves and little treasures on our walks to the woods.  I picked up some small buckets at the Dollar Tree so they each have one to carry and fill up.
The other day we went looking for some oak trees in the neighbourhood and the kids had an 'acorn hunt'.  It was so fun to see their excitement about finding them on the ground.  It reminded me of the Easter egg hunts we have had in the past. 

So here's what we did this week.


Fall Wreath
The first day of Fall called for a new wreath for their door.
Using a paper plate as the base, we coloured it then glued on leaves and added a string for hanging.



Leaf Suncatcher
I printed off some leaves and let the kids colour the paper on both sides.  I cut out the leaves and then they stuck them to some Contact Paper and added dots.  I added another piece of the Contact Paper on the top to seal it all in and we added a top piece and string for hanging in the window.
Here are the leaves I printed.



Hedgie Hedgehog
This is a cute hedgehog we decorated with some of the leaves we found on our walk in the woods.
Here is the printable:





Leaf Lion
Super simple lion made with our leaves we collected.  



Acorn Necklaces
As I mentioned above, we went looking for some oak trees in our neighbourhood.
When we got back, I made their little finds into a necklace for them to wear.  I just used a little screw eye and twisted it into the top of the acorn.  I hot glued the bottom to the top so they wouldn't fall apart.



Finally.....it is so wonderful to see how the kids have gown and their abilities have improved.
This is a drawing of Ariel for The Little Mermaid that one of my kids drew.  I was impressed with the details especially on the bikini lol!


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.












2 comments:

  1. More fabulous makes from your little ones Karen, great imagination, love the hedgie, such fun, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The necklaces look fabulous and the hedgie is super adorable. Fun and a great week for the kiddos Karen x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.