Saturday, February 1, 2020

Penguins


Hello and thanks so much for stopping in.
Another fun week learning and creating with our Penguin theme.
There is always such a fascination about this interesting bird.  We learned how to 'penguin walk', what they eat, how they can't fly but are excellent swimmers and did you know that they cannot taste?  I even learned some things about them that I didn't know.

So here is what we did this week.

Spoon Penguins.
These are so fun and easy just using a white plastic spoon.  I used construction paper but you could also use some fun foam.  



Penguin Wreaths
Aren't these cute.  We created a penguin wreath using a paper plate as the base. We added some details and glued on the dots; great for fine motor.



Penguin Match Game
Always great to have a little match game for the kids to play at home with their families.
I found these free printables and used them for our game.



Penguin hats made from construction paper.  
Great to wear as we walked around the house like penguins.




Penguins on the ice...colouring and glueing.


...and of course, lots of penguin colouring.


So glad you could come and take a look.


1 comment:

  1. Another fun week Karen....And for the kiddos....LOL x When I was at the gym last week we had to walk like penguins as it is apparently good for balance!!.....I did have a little chuckle about your comment about 'did we know that that penguins cannot taste'..... I am quite intrigued how we know either way.....x I love penguins and I loved your fun post Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.