Sunday, December 29, 2019

Santa's Workshop and Christmas Party


Phew!!
I feel like I have been in a whirlwind.  A fun whirlwind though.
This is the first moment I have had to post all the fun we had before Christmas creating, wrapping and finally our special Christmas party.  
The kids love creating for their Moms and Dads and this year was no exception!
So here you go.....enjoy.


Here are the gifts the kids made for their parents:

 Simple snowflake decorations for the tree made using some paper straws from the Dollar Store.


 Snowglobes
I found these great plastic snowglobes also at the Dollar Tree.  We glued some cute little figurines in the bottom and filled it up with some fake snow and gold glitter.  We skipped the water part and they were just as fun to shake and make it snow.



Rudolph handprint keepsake.



Candle Centerpiece
A friend gave me a bag of corks and I thought of what we could do with them.
Well, I soaked them overnight, cut them in half and hot glued them onto an old CD.  The kids added all the details and greenery.  We added a battery candle light to the center and they were so pleased with them.



 Gift Tag
With the leftover corks, we made some cute gift tags for the front of our wrapped presents.  
They could be used as an ornament afterward.



 Our cute little Christmas cards.



Fireplace Ornament
These turned out so cute.
I glued the craft sticks together to form the fireplace base.  We then added the details.


 Felt Wreath
I picked up these felt wreaths.  I added the kids pictures in the center and we decorated them with pom-poms.  They were really cute!


 We painted and sparkled these cute wooden snowflakes I got at the Dollar Store.


This was what the presents looked like all wrapped and ready to go.
I make a large bag from paper and the kids decorated it.
See our cute cork tag on the front?


Christmas Party

We enjoyed such a fun party with some of our friends who came to join in the fun.
Here are some of the games and things we did.

 Pin the carrot nose on Frosty.
I picked this game up at the Second Hand Store.


 Christmas Bingo
I printed these cards off years ago from a free site.



 Jingle Bell Toss


Snowball Junk in the Trunk
The kids LOVE this game.  I decorated an empty tissue box, we filled it with cotton balls and the kids have to wiggle and shake all the 'snowballs' out of the box.


Christmas Shakers
A friend of mine gave me some metal cases so I added some pasta to the inside, we taped them up and decorated them to use as shakers.




We ate some fun foods too:

We made little Rudolphs.
Graham cracker, pretzel antlers, raisin eyes and a raspberry nose.


I made them some little snowman cheesestick to eat on the way home.


….and finally.....
The kids love seeing the mailman coming so we made him a special card.
I printed off a free colouring sheet and we made it into a card.

 (front)


(inside)

Thanks so much for taking a peek into our creative world.


2 comments:

  1. Wow all those fun projects, it makes me want to be a child again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with Christine.....Every time I scrolled down I saw even more fabulous makes.... Karen you sure do know how to entertain the kiddos and they must 'love' coming to you.....I know I would! x The parents must love you too when the kiddos take home their fabulous and thoughtful makes x. I have so enjoyed these posts and I must think of 'new' words to comment with as I think you are amazing!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.