Monday, March 2, 2020

Books and Cartoon Characters cont. (week 2)


Hello and Welcome!
Last week was such a big hit with my little ones.  We did book and cartoon characters as our theme.  They asked to do more, so I planned this week to do more!
I love seeing the excitement in their eyes.  
So here's what we did this week.

Placemats
The kids wanted to make a placemat for home, so I printed off some pictures and we coloured and glued it all together....I added their names (covered) and then laminated them.  
The kids loved them.




My little ones love Dora the Explorer, so we made a match game to play.




Another huge favourite show is Paw Patrol so we made a door hanger with their names on it.



Princess Theme
Thursday and Friday was a Princess theme. 
Since I have 4 little girls right now, they SO wanted to make princess puppets and a castle so that's what we did.

I printed off a Prince and Princess and we made them into puppets.




I printed this off and we coloured it first, then glued it inside of our decorated castles.  The piece for the back was cut larger then the front, so it could bend and make room for them to play inside with the puppets. 





We coloured the jewels above, I cut them out and then the girls glued them onto the matching spot.  It was a great lesson on learning shapes too!


Friday was Princess Day
We all got dressed up as princesses and had such a great time.
These are the crowns we made, they pretty much wore them all day too!


We played Princess Bingo



 ....and what's a Princess day without some decorated bracelets to wear, a glow in the dark wand, a unicorn and some Princess tattoos.  Such fun we had.


This is the princess food we ate:
 a cheese crown


Princess Popcorn...I tinted the butter with food colouring


and pink yogurt dipped breadstick that I froze a bit.


Well that's all for now.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous fun time your little ones have Karen, wonderful makes, great ideas too. Love the frozen yogurt and bread sticks, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to be late commenting but I really don't know where time has gone this week...x. What a fabulous week Karen with all the fun characters and then the Princess theme as well. The theatre is so creative and fun and great for the kiddos to have the place mats etc to take home. I would have worn the crown all day too and loved the little unicorn and bracelets too x. So much to love this week Karen and no wonderr the kiddos want more x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.