Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Thanksgiving


Welcome.
This week, we celebrated Thanksgiving by making turkeys and learning another new song....they loved it!

Here is what we created this week.


Who doesn't need a turkey wreath for their door.
We created ours using a paper plate and some construction paper for the feathers.



I am teaching my kiddos how to write their names and this was a really fun project helping to 
learn the letters. (I used my name for the picture)
They coloured a paper plate brown, we decorated it with some google eyes and a beak then glued on the letters of their names.  The clothespins had the letters on them so they could clip them on...great fine motor practice as well.



We created a Thanksgiving card for them to give to their parents.  




We made a giant stuffed turkey to sit on their table by stuffing a brown lunch bag and added construction paper details.



Turkey hats to finish off our week of creating and celebrating for Thanksgiving.


We played a fun game...super easy to create as well using 2 small brown lunch bags and one larger one.  The game is called 'Stuff the Turkey'.  Throw rolled up newspaper balls into the turkey....they loved it and played it over and over again.  
Here's a picture of the one I made and a link to show you how to make it.  I think it would be super fun to use this for a family get-together.


Our song this week:

A turkey is a funny bird,
His head goes wobble, wobble.
The only thing that he can say is, 
Gobble, gobble, gobble.





1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed your post Karen. The kiddos must have had so much fun. You put so much effort into it and I am sure they love it x I can see the stuff a turkey being fun for all ages. Your post has brought a happy smile to my face....Thank you x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.