Sunday, September 1, 2019

Welcome


Ok....call me crazy!
With a house full of daycare kiddos and a busy life, why am I starting another blog?
I have a stamping blog here which keeps me busy already.

Honestly, I have to say I guess it's from the joy of creating and little people love to create.
My philosophy about creating is that it is a very important part of being.  For kids I feel it's so important to be able to express their own creativity through art.  With so many of the arts programs disappearing from the schools curriculums, it is up to us to help foster that love. 
Creating art relaxes, it teaches so many concepts....colour, shape, texture, numbers, counting and most important; fine motor skills.
And most of all, it's FUN!!

My kiddos love to create and we do it everyday.  Be it simple or a bit more complicated, they love having something special to take home and share with their family.  The joy on their faces makes it all worthwhile.

So if you are a parent, daycare provider or even a grandparent, I so encourage you to create with your kids and I hope you will find some little bits of inspiration here.  
Many of the crafts can be made more simple for little ones or more involved for the older ones.  Just change them up.  Get the older kids to do the cutting or let them add their own finishing touches.
You don't have to be really crafty, give the kids some paper shapes and they will help guide the way.

I will try to post on a weekly basis so you can see what we have done.  I generally work on a theme- base schedule but sometimes it's just a free for all.

If you want to keep in touch, I hope you will hit the 'followers' button on the right so you can receive updates when available.

Looking forward to taking this journey with you.



Thanks for the visit and Happy Crafting and Creating.

2 comments:

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.