Monday, March 22, 2021

Happy St. Pat's Day and Growing a Rainbow for Spring

Welcome
There was lots of 'wearin' of the green this week as we celebrated St. Patrick's Day.
Such a fun week with lots of learning and the highlight being us growing a rainbow....yes we did and it was easy and so fun!!!

So here's what we did last week.

St. Patrick's Day Wreath
We made some simple wreaths with a paper plate base. 

 
Banner
This is a simple banner we made with a pop up shamrock.


 
Dancing Leprechaun
We made this fun dancing leprechaun and he danced to some Irish Jig music.
(I'm sorry I don't have a printable for this....it's been in my files for years)


St. Patrick's Day Activities

Pot of Silver Coins
We decorated a little pot made with 2 paper plates.  The kids decorated them and then I hid silver coins all around the playroom and they had such fun taking turns trying to find them all.






Watch 
We had fun making these little watches.  We didn't know what time the leprechauns would arrive lol.
I used a green paper cup to create this simple watch. 


Telescope
We made these fun telescopes to look for Leprechauns.  They must have been at my house as all the water in the toilet was green!  We did do a walk in the neighbourhood looking for 'green' as well.
I cut a hole in the bottom of a paper cup and hot glued in a paper tube to create the telescope.



Shamrock Treat
I made these cute little shamrock treats by dipping pretzels into some melted white chocolate that I tinted with green food colouring.  I placed 3 together on a piece of parchment paper and added the stick while the chocolate was still soft.


GROWING A RAINBOW

This was such a fun activity.  
I just wish I could show you the video of my little ones watching this rainbow grow!!  It was so great.
Anyways, you take a folded paper towel and using Washable Crayola Markers, you colour each end of the paper towel with the markers.


Next, place each end of the paper towel into 2 shallow containers that have just a bit of water in them.


Sit back and watch the rainbow grow as the paper towel absorbs the ink.  
The anticipation was so fun.



Rainbow
We made a rainbow by colouring each craft stick a different colour and then glued them onto a cardboard base.  We added some cotton puffs for the clouds.


Welcome Spring
We welcomed Spring on Friday by making this cute little flower.  I used a paper plate for the head of the flower.
We are all happy to see Spring arrive.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Karen, wonderful makes for St. Pat's Day, love the dancing Leprechaun, he is brilliant, but really all are brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at 'growing a rainbow' Karen ....what fun and a fabulous 'Green' week for the kiddos x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog today, your comments are greatly appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.